An infrared sauna uses infrared heaters to send out infrared light as radiant heat, which is absorbed by the surface of the skin. Traditional saunas heat the body primarily by conduction and convection from the heated air and by radiation of the heated surfaces in the sauna room.
Infrared rays are one of the sun’s rays and are the healthiest. They penetrate into your skin deeply and dissolve harmful substances accumulated in your body. Infrared Rays vitalize your cells and metabolism.
Benefits of Infrared Sauna
- Detoxification – Sweating is one of the body’s most natural ways to eliminate toxins. When compared to traditional saunas, infrared saunas allow you to eliminate about seven times more toxins.
- Relaxation – Infrared sauna therapy promotes relaxation by helping to balance your body’s level of cortisol, your body’s primary stress hormone. The heat generated by the sauna will also help to relax muscles and relieve tension throughout the body, allowing you to relax and de-stress. Lowers blood pressure.
- Pain Relief – If you suffer from muscle aches or joint pain, infrared saunas can relieve this form of inflammation by increasing circulation and relaxing your muscles.
- Weight Loss – The heat generated by an infrared sauna will cause your core temperature to increase, which can also lead to an increased heart rate — the same increase in heart rate that you experience when exercising. When your body has to work harder to lower your core temperature or keep up with an increased heart rate, your body will burn more calories, resulting in weight loss.
- Improved Circulation – As the heat from infrared saunas increases your core body temperature, your circulation will increase along with it. Consistent infrared sauna sessions, especially in the middle-infrared level, can stimulate blood flow, improve muscle recovery, and decrease pain and inflammation after intense exercise.
- Skin Purification – Infrared sauna technology can help purify your skin by eliminating toxins from your pores and increasing circulation, blood flow, which increases collagen production, resulting in clearer, softer, and healthier-looking skin. They help improve skin tone and reduce signs of aging – all of which improve the look of your skin. The increased circulation, elimination of toxins and flushing out of cellular debris enhance overall skin health, giving it a more radiant appearance.
- Increases White Blood Cell Production – The infrared’s radiant heat will stimulate circulation, rev up the production of white blood cells and rally your immune system’s response to invaders. All that action will make your body a much less hospitable environment for germs to grow – and a great place for them to die. Even if you’re not on the verge of coming down with something, remember that infrared saunas, and the increased circulation that comes with regular use, are also great for speeding muscle recovery too.
If any of the below apply to you, consult your physician prior to sauna use:
- Cardiovascular Issues, Obesity or Diabetes – Individuals suffering from obesity or with a medical history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory problems or diabetes should consult a physician prior to use. Heat stress increases cardiac output and blood flow in an effort to transfer internal body heat to the outside environment via the skin (perspiration) and respiratory system. This takes place primarily due to major changes in the heart rate, which has the potential to increase by thirty (30) beats per minute for each degree increase in core body temperature.
- Medications – Individuals who are using prescription drugs should seek the advice of their personal physician since some medications may induce drowsiness, while others may affect heart rate, blood pressure and circulation. Diuretics, barbiturates and beta-blockers may impair the body’s natural heat loss mechanisms. Anticholinergics such as amitryptaline may inhibit sweating and can predispose individuals to heat rash or to a lesser extent, heat stroke. Some over-the-counter drugs, such as antihistamines, may also cause the body to be more prone to heat stroke.
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse – Contrary to popular belief, it is not advisable to attempt to “sweat out” a hangover. Alcohol intoxication decreases a person’s judgment; therefore, he/she may not realize when the body has a negative reaction to high heat. Alcohol also increases the heart rate, which may be further increased by heat stress. The use of alcohol, drugs or medications prior to a sauna session may lead to unconsciousness.
- Elderly – The ability to maintain core body temperature decreases with age. This is primarily due to circulatory conditions and decreased sweat gland function. The body must be able to activate its natural cooling processes in order to maintain core body temperature. If elderly, operate at a lower temperature and for no more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Children – The core body temperature of children rises much faster than adults. This occurs due to a higher metabolic rate per body mass, limited circulatory adaptation to increased cardiac demands and the inability to regulate body temperature by sweating. When using with a child, operate at a lower temperature and for no more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Chronic Conditions / Diseases Associated With Reduced Ability To Sweat Or Perspire – Multiple Sclerosis, Central Nervous System Tumors and Diabetes with Neuropathy are conditions that are associated with impaired sweating. Consult a physician.
- Hemophiliacs / Individuals Prone To Bleeding – The use of infrared saunas should be avoided by anyone who is predisposed to bleeding.
- Fever & Insensitivity to Heat – Individuals with insensitivity to heat or who have a fever should not use the sauna until the fever subsides.
- Pregnancy – Pregnant women should consult a physician before using an infrared sauna.
- Menstruation – Heating of the low back area of women during the menstrual period may temporarily increase menstrual flow. This should not preclude sauna use.
- Joint Injury – Recent (acute) joint injury should not be heated for the first 48 hours or until the swollen symptoms subside. Joints that are chronically hot and swollen may respond poorly to vigorous heating of any kind.
- Implants – Metal pins, rods, artificial joints or any other surgical implants generally reflect infrared waves and thus are not heated by this system. Nevertheless, you should consult your physician prior to using.
Pacemakers / Defibrillators – The magnets used to assemble our saunas can interrupt the pacing and inhibit the output of pacemakers. Please discuss with your doctor the possible risks this may cause.
Sauna Price: Up to 30 minutes Per Session
One session: $25 or 5 for $100
I met Stephine, through a networking event. I was reluctant to try since I thought what are neddles going to do to help my shoulder. Well I just got a treatment last week for the first time I’m able to have full range motion on my shoulder I was amazed. I know I will have to continue to go for the process to work but I have to say I’m A BELIEVER. If your a non believer just read above. PS. her program for a healthly diet is a big part of how you progress. I am a big component of this Be Healthly for your well being
Accupuncture has impacted my health & mobility in many positive ways.
Stephanie is so dedicated to her clients she truly cares about each & everyone & does all she can to not only to treat them but to help them understand the importance of taking care of your whole body.
It was recommended to me several times to give acupuncture a try for some back issues that I’ve been dealing with (3 bulging and 3 herniated disks). For those that know me, know that I work out – A LOT! And I refuse to give it up or cut back and surgery is just out of the question for me. So I finally gave in and gave acupuncture a try after a few recommendations. I decided to go to Fast Track to Health and speak with the doctor, Stephanie. From the moment I met her, I enjoyed speaking with her and found that she is very patient and knowledgeable in her field. She wanted me to come more than once a week but my schedule does not allow it so once a week it is! Every Monday night I look forward to going for my visit. Of course the unknown made me very nervous at first. I’m not a big fan of needles as I’m sure not many of you are, but trust me, they really do not hurt. Just a little pinch and that’s it. She then leaves you to relax with some very soothing music playing in the background. The time just flies by and by the time I’m done, I’m very relaxed. I never feel rushed when I go for my visit. She always takes the time to ask me many questions about my week and my pain levels and things like that. Very concerned about my well being and I can tell that she truly does care. I even get emails from her with some additional information to review and read up on so that I can become more familiar with some of the areas that she’s working on with me. She’s also helping me deal with some daily stress (that we all have) and some sleep issues that I’ve had for years. Not to mention the hot flashes that are coming now that I’m 50! All in all I have been very pleased with my progress; the pain is becoming more manageable day by day. I wish I could go more than once a week but that’s ok – it’s helping me! I highly recommend them! PS – And Carol at the desk is awesome! Always extremely pleasant and fun to be around!
Stephanie has helped me greatly with acupuncture treatments. I found Stephanie to be very knowledgeable and caring with her approach and treatment. I’m very impressed by her knowledge of nutrition, acupuncture and professionalism.
It always relaxes me that I end up sleeping !!! Stephanie is wonderful, if u have a problem, she is always looking & researching for a cure !!!! I have been going there almost since the opening!
After returning from China, my husband and I found Stephanie/Fast Track to Health. He, most of all, needed help with many issues, and Stephanie was terrific in counseling and generating the help we needed. We continue on this path over a year later; eating organic, taking the supplements and feel 100% better. Thanks Stephanie!
I love the Zen ACP treatment, truly the best way to let stress go and sail smoothly through a busy week. Nutrition testing is amazing and Stephanie has me right back on track with a better diet.
Carol & Steph are professional yet make you feel like family. The entire staff
are always smiling & friendly. I enjoy my acupuncture too.
Stephanie’s knowledge about how to get to the root cause of a chronic health issue is far greater than most in her field. She is a great acupuncturist and a diligent clinician. I highly recommend her.